Ethics and Building Community Lactation Support for ALL Families
October 19 and 20, 2018
Big Spring Country Club
5901 Dutchman’s Lane
Louisville, KY 40205
Parking in the rear of the clubhouse.
Elizabeth “Liz” Brooks, JD, IBCLC, FILCA
And Faculty from Reaching our Sisters Everywhere (ROSE):
Kimarie Bugg, DNP, FNP-BC, MPH, IBCLC, CLC
Andrea Serano, CLC, IBCLC
Tenesha Sellers, BS, CLC
Download the conference brochure here
Register online at Eventbrite
Community-Based scholarship deadline extended to October 5. Learn More
You are invited to attend our 16th annual Kentuckiana Lactation Improvement Coalition Breastfeeding Conference for 2 separate days of learning about ethics and building community for lactation support. These days are packed with quality continuing education for lactation professionals and related fields (i.e. RN, RN, SLP, OT, PT, MD, DMD. etc) as well as community supporters (i.e. parents, advocates, peer-to-peer supporters). Each day of sessions will focus on ethical issues related to human lactation and work to build community support for every type of family. The goal of the conference is to bring lactation supporters and advocates together to continue to build community support and networks that increase lactation success rates in the Kentuckiana area.
- Reclaiming an African American Tradition: Breastfeeding Kimarie Bugg
- Dazed and Confused After Discharge: Breastfeeding Support is Different Once Families Go Home Liz Brooks
- Conflict of Interest BINGO: Pens and Pizza Change the Way You Think Liz Brooks
- #NowWatchMeNurse: Social Media and Breastfeeding Andrea Serano
- What's too "friendly" for an IBCLC on Social Media? Legal and Ethical Implications of online Clinical Care Liz Brooks
- Dare to TRANSFORM:Peer to Peer Support Tenesha Sellers
- Litigation and Lactation: Protecting Breastfeeding in Divorce, Custody, or Separation and in Foster care. Liz Brooks
- Presentation by the Lactation Improvement Coalition of Kentucky (LINK)
- Action Planning for Equity Kimarie Bugg
- Discussion/Q&A: Where do we go from here in building peer-to-peer support in Kentucky?
Both conference days will include continental breakfast, lunch, and an afternoon snack as well as beverages. KBN, IBLCE and RDN continuing education hours have been requested. CERPS will include E-CERPs!