In the News:
- The University of KY Medical Center will be hosting a Certified Lactation Specialist Training March 13-17, 2017 at their main campus in Lexington. Full price for the course is $770 per person. Early Bird Registration of $720 ends February 12. A group discount of $50 each is available if four or more persons send their registrations in together in the same envelope. Registrations can be made at http://lactationeducationconsultants.com/course_clsc.shtml. UK also has a block of rooms set aside at the Holiday Inn Express at 100 Export St at $97/night for 2 double beds.
- Dr. Tom Hale will be the primary speaker at “Perinatal Pharmacology: The Use of Medications by Breastfeeding and Pregnant Women,” March 20-21, 2017 in Carmel Indiana. Topics include antidepressants, infectious diseases, drugs of abuse, and clinical therapies in mothers of preterm infants. Visit www.indianaperinatal.org/events to register. For more information contact Julia Hogan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (317) 924-0825.
- Congratulations to the University of Louisville's Center for Women and Infants for being designated as a Baby-Friendly Hospital in January 2017. This is now two Louisville hospitals and two other Kentucky hospitals who are Baby-Friendly Designated!
- The University of Cincinnati is sponsoring the 2nd annual Conference to Eliminate Racial Disparities in Breastfeeding and Infant Mortality on May 3. Details are on this flyer.
- USLCA's 2nd National Conference is May 3 - 6 in San Antonio. Registration is now open; early-bird deadline is February 28. Full details at https://uslca.org/conference-registration#!event-list