In the News:
World Breastfeeding Week/National Breastfeeding Month!
Several resources are now available to help you plan for your August 2018 activities!
- World Breastfeeding Week, August 1-7, has now published their Action Folder. Download this and get more information at www.worldbreastfeedingweek.org.
- The US Breastfeeding Committee organizes Nat'l Breastfeeding Month. Get more information about their plans and themes at www.usbreastfeeding.org/nbm
- The Big Latch On is August 4 - 6, Friday, Saturday OR Sunday! More information about hosting this simultaneous breastfeeding event is at biglatchon.org.
- Black Breastfeeding Week is August 25-31. Information is at blackbreastfeedingweek.org
- The Michigan BF Network continues to offer free webinars on the second Tuesday of each month. Visit their website, http://www.mibreastfeeding.org/network-series, for details on upcoming offerings. CERPs/CEUs are available when webinars are viewed live. Archives are available but do not qualify for continuing education.
- The next USBC bi-monthly webinar is June 12 at 2 pm. Sign up at www.usbreastfeeding.org.
- ILCA Annual Conference "Together: Changing Your Community and the World", July 18-21, Portland, OR. Early Bird Registration ends May 31. More details at www.ilca.org.
- CLC Training, Lexington, July 30 - August 1. More details at http://www.healthychildren.cc/Education.htm.
- "Lactation on the Levee" on August 1 features Dr. Jack Newman. More information on this annual conference in Newport Kentucky can be found in their brochure.
- The Western KY Breastfeeding Coalition will bring Dr. Jack to Bowling Green on August 3. Get full details in their brochure.